This program is designed for students who are new to the health care field and wish to work in a front-line registration position in a hospital setting.
Certification: Certified Healthcare Admissions Associate Certification
Certifying Body: National Association of Healthcare Access Management
Contact Hours: 123
This program is a bundle of five courses that provides students with the skills necessary to work in the Patient Access Services field. The program includes topics like correct patient identification practices in maintaining patient safety, the importance of excellent customer service skills, accountable care, and patient satisfaction. Students will also learn about delivery of the critical components of the revenue cycle and compliance issues with regulatory agencies. In addition, students will gain a basic understanding of health insurance information and healthcare reform, medical billing and the claims submission process, and essential medical terminology as it relates to patient identification and billing processes. After completing this program, students will have the skills and knowledge required to sit for the Certified Healthcare Access Associate certification exam.
The courses included in the bundle are:
I. Customer Service for Health Care with eBook
II. Health Insurance I with eBook
III. Health Insurance II with eBook
IV. Introduction to Medical Terminology with eBook
V. Patient Access Specialist without eBook
• Define customer service in the healthcare industry
• Explain why customer service is important in healthcare
• Describe basic customer service rules for serving patients
• Articulate all forms of communication in the healthcare field
• Recognize best practices to resolve customer complaints or conflicts
• Explain how customer satisfaction is measured in healthcare
• Describe the employment skills and requirements in the patient access career field
• Explain the history and types of health insurance available in the United States
• Identify types of managed care contracts and their purposes
• Describe the purpose and guidelines of diagnostic coding and how it affects the billing process
• Describe the purpose and guidelines of procedural coding and its importance in the billing cycle
• Identify the correct information needed to prepare and transmit accurate, complete health care claims
• Explain the rules for eligibility and claims processing for Medicare plans
• Explain the rules for eligibility and claims processing for Medicaid plans
• Describe the background and billing and reimbursement process for Tricare, workers’ compensation, disability, and Blue Cross
• Explain the importance of medical terminology when documenting and communicating patient information
• Build medical terminology related to body structures, functions and disorders
• Describe the organization and structure of the human body Explain the revenue cycle and the functions of a Patient Access
• Identify government and regulatory agency requirements applicable to the Patient Access Specialist position
• Describe how the measurement of performance, safety, and accuracy relates to the future development of an organization
• Explain the NAHAM (National Association of Healthcare Access Management) model and how it applies to the CHAA exam
• The Patient Access Specialist Bundle includes 123 non-credit contact hours.
• This program is instructor-facilitated.
• The Patient Access Specialist Bundle is a five-part course series that prepares students to sit for the Certified Healthcare Admissions Association certification exam from NAHAM.
• This course can be run fully online or in hybrid format.
• The Patient Access Specialist Bundle is designed as part of the Pearson Workforce Education Core Health Care Curriculum, and can be included with other occupation-specific courses in conjunction with multiple certification programs.
• This course is not a CEU.
• This course is appropriate for entry-level students or incumbent workers.
• This course is a complete, ready-to-deliver, customizable online course, including syllabi, lesson sequences and course objective descriptions.
• The Patient Access Specialist Bundle course content is written to meet specific curriculum and course outcomes and every content item is mapped to a specific course objective.
• This course can be used in any Learning Management System (Blackboard, WebCT, Angel, Moodle, D2L, etc.).
• Interactive classroom lectures are self-contained learning objects.
• The Patient Access Specialist Bundle includes instructor resources, optional assignments and assessments, and optional book readings, all aligned with course objectives.
• All content has been developed and created by industry leading subject matter experts and instructional designers.
This is a true introductory-level “essentials” text focusing solely on medical terminology, and on teaching students how to build and translate medical terms with confidence. Designed to be fun, accessible, and eye-catching, its powerful approach guides students step-by-step through mastering relevant word parts, understanding word roots, and word assembly. To help students learn meanings, correct spelling, pronunciation, and other components of each term, the book contains numerous exercises, tips, and colorful figures for learning and practice. It is flexible enough to be used either in support of lectures, or as an independent student workbook.
MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY: GET CONNECTED! 1/e encourages students to “get connected” to an engaging multimedia experience on www.myhealthprofessionskit.com, We have done all the work for you! Students log onto Medical Terminology Interactive, create their avatar and they are ready to begin!
Students will learn in a dynamic, virtual online environment that includes exercises, videos, animations, activities and more!
Learning Modules provide core content for learning medical terminology. Users can access Medical Terminology Interactive, anytime, day or night, where they can study on their own and practice their word-building skills.
Comprehensive Health Insurance: Billing, Coding & Reimbursement, 2/E
COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH INSURANCE: BILLING, CODING & REIMBURSEMENT, 2/e provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to work in a variety of medical billing and coding positions in the medical field. Comprehensive in approach, it covers the foundations of insurance, billing, coding and reimbursement. Students learn not only the submission of claims to the insurance carrier, but also reviewing medical records, verifying patient benefits, submitting a secondary claim, posting payments and appealing the insurance carrier's decision. This edition includes new chapters devoted to HIPAA and ICD-10-CM Medical Coding, as well as outstanding coverage of electronic records. Numerous case studies and patient files are included throughout and demonstrate refunds and appeals, auditing and compliance, Medicare calculations and professionalism
Frequently Asked Questions
You can enroll for the training . Payment can be made using any of the following options and receipt of the same will be issued to the candidate automatically via email.
1. Visa debit / credit card.
2. American express and Diners club card.
3. Master card , or.
4. Through PayPal.
You will have access to the online e-learning and practice tests along with the training.
Yes, we do provide money back guarantee for some of out training programs . Contact email@example.com more information .
Yes, you can extend the access period by paying an additional fee . Contact firstname.lastname@example.org information .
Once you register with us for a course by paying the course fee, you can have 24/7 access to the e-learning our website . An automated course purchase confirmation mail form our side will guide you through the ....
Please send an email to email@example.com . You can also chat with us to get an instant solution.
Yes, we offer course completion certificate after your successful completion of the training program.
Following mode of payment is possible
- DD or Cheque in the favor of W2C
- RTGS/NEFT/IMPS/Fund Transfer
- Account Name: - Way2Career Consulting Services Pvt Ltd
- Account No: - 03942560002139
- IFSC Code: - HDFC0002649