This course is designed for students seeking entry into health care jobs and incumbent health care providers.
Contact Hours: 16
This course introduces students to the electronic health record (EHR). Students will gain a thorough understanding of both the terminology of EHR systems and the practical use of such systems in a health care provider office setting. Students will also learn about problem lists, assessments, prescription/medication management, exam notes, and diagnostic orders and results.
• Define EHR and identify the various information contained within an EHR
• Discuss the importance and benefits of using an EHR system
• Discuss patient portals and benefits
• Discuss how EHRs can be utilized for research
• List safeguards and levels of security for EHRs
• Identify health care legislation regarding EHRs
• The course includes 16 non-credit contact hours.
• This course is instructor-facilitated.
• This course does not lead to certification.
• This course can be run fully online or in hybrid format.
• The Overview of Electronic Health Records and Clinical Software course is designed as part of the Pearson Workforce Education Core Health Care Curriculum, and can be included with other occupation-specific courses in conjunction with multiple certification programs.
• This course is not a CEU.
• This course is appropriate for entry-level students or incumbent workers.
• This course is a complete, ready-to-deliver, customizable online course, including syllabi, lesson sequences and course objective descriptions.
• The course content is written to meet specific curriculum and course outcomes and every content item is mapped to a specific course objective.
• This course can be used in any Learning Management System (Blackboard, WebCT, Angel, Moodle, D2L, etc.).
• Interactive classroom lectures are self-contained learning objects.
• The course includes instructor resources, optional assignments and assessments, and optional book readings, all aligned with course objectives.
• All content has been developed and created by industry leading subject matter experts and instructional designers.
For use in courses on Medical Assisting and as an adjunct to Health Information Technology and Management courses which must cover electronic health records but require a briefer version of the full course offered in Gartee, Electronic Health Records, 2/E. This is a concise “learn by doing” text for everyone who must use an electronic health records system, including medical assistants, and other medical office staff. It provides a basic understanding of EHR tasks and functional benefits that is continuously reinforced by actual EHR experiences. Reflecting the latest EHR rules, regulations, and innovations, it contains over 40 hands-on guided and critical thinking exercises utilizing actual EHR software. This “essentials” guide focuses on core tasks, including using search and prompt, lists, forms, coding, and reimbursements. It concludes with a comprehensive student evaluation comprising a written exam and hands-on critical thinking exercises using both EHR software and the Internet. Visit this demo link to learn more about this product and how to use it: http://www.pearsonhighered.com/garteedemo/
About the Author
1. Electronic Health Records–An Overview
2. Functional EHR Systems
3. Learning Medical Record Software
4. Increased Familiarity with the Software
5. Learning to Use Search and Prompt
6. Learning to Use Lists
7. Entering EHR Data Using Forms
8. EHR Coding and Reimbursement
9. Comprehensive Evaluation
Frequently Asked Questions
You can enroll for the training . Payment can be made using any of the following options and receipt of the same will be issued to the candidate automatically via email.
1. Visa debit / credit card.
2. American express and Diners club card.
3. Master card , or.
4. Through PayPal.
You will have access to the online e-learning and practice tests along with the training.
Yes, we do provide money back guarantee for some of out training programs . Contact firstname.lastname@example.org more information .
Yes, you can extend the access period by paying an additional fee . Contact email@example.com information .
Once you register with us for a course by paying the course fee, you can have 24/7 access to the e-learning our website . An automated course purchase confirmation mail form our side will guide you through the ....
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org You can also chat with us to get an instant solution.
Yes, we offer course completion certificate after your successful completion of the training program.
Following mode of payment is possible
- DD or Cheque in the favor of W2C
- RTGS/NEFT/IMPS/Fund Transfer
- Account Name: - Way2Career Consulting Services Pvt Ltd
- Account No: - 03942560002139
- IFSC Code: - HDFC0002649