This course is designed for IT students and professionals who want to build robust, commercialgrade Android applications.
Time-on-Task Hours: 41
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to develop Android mobile applications for the commercial market. Students will learn to build robust, commercial-grade Android applications, and will gain an understanding of how to extend application functionality. The course will also cover the steps to finalize applications for external release.
• Describe the history and types of Android applications
• Explain the elements of building basic Android applications
• Identify user interface layouts and events
• Describe the use of threads and persistence to extend Android applications beyond a single functionality
• Explain the process of finalizing Android applications for external use
• Self-Paced online courses
• Course can be conducted completely online
• Complete ready-to-deliver online course with syllabi, sequenced lessons, course descriptions, course objectives, detailed checklists, and assessments
• Assessments, lesson presentations, and reading assignments are designed to meet specific course outcomes
• Interactive classroom lectures are self-contained learning objects
• All content has been developed by industry leading subject matter experts
• Any required text is included as an eBook with the course and resides within the course for easy student access
• Lesson presentations are also provided as Audio-to-Go, for on-the-go learning
Want to get started building applications for Android, the world’s hottest, fast-growing mobile platform? Already building Android applications and want to get better at it? This book brings together all the expert guidance–and code–you’ll need! Completely up-to-date to reflect the newest and most widely used Android SDKs, The Android Developer’s Cookbook is the essential resource for developers building apps for any Android device, from phones to tablets. Proven, modular recipes take you from the absolute basics to advanced location-based services, security techniques, and performance optimization. You’ll learn how to write apps from scratch, ensure interoperability, choose the best solutions for common problems, and avoid development pitfalls. Coverage includes:
• Implementing threads, services, receivers, and other background tasks
• Providing user alerts
• Organizing user interface layouts and views
• Managing user-initiated events such as touches and gestures
• Recording and playing audio and video
• Using hardware APIs available on Android devices
• Interacting with other devices via SMS, web browsing, and social networking
• Storing data efficiently with SQLite and its alternatives
• Accessing location data via GPS
• Using location-related services such as the Google Maps API
• Building faster applications with native code
• Providing backup and restore with the Android Backup Manager
• Testing and debugging apps throughout the development cycle
Turn to The Android Developer’s Cookbook for proven, expert answers–and the code you need to implement them. It’s all you need to jumpstart any Android project, and create high-value, feature-rich apps that sell!
1 Overview of Android 1
2 Application Basics: Activities and Intents 23
3 Threads, Services, Receivers, and Alerts 51
4 User Interface Layout 79
5 User Interface Events 117
6 Multimedia Techniques 147
7 Hardware Interface 169
8 Networking 195
9 Data Storage Methods 221
10 Location-Based Services 251
11 Advanced Android Development 277
12 Debugging 303
Frequently Asked Questions
You can enroll for the training . Payment can be made using any of the following options and receipt of the same will be issued to the candidate automatically via email.
1. Visa debit / credit card.
2. American express and Diners club card.
3. Master card , or.
4. Through PayPal.
You will have access to the online e-learning and practice tests along with the training.
Yes, we do provide money back guarantee for some of out training programs . Contact firstname.lastname@example.org more information .
Yes, you can extend the access period by paying an additional fee . Contact email@example.com information .
Once you register with us for a course by paying the course fee, you can have 24/7 access to the e-learning our website . An automated course purchase confirmation mail form our side will guide you through the ....
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org You can also chat with us to get an instant solution.
Yes, we offer course completion certificate after your successful completion of the training program.
Following mode of payment is possible
- DD or Cheque in the favor of W2C
- RTGS/NEFT/IMPS/Fund Transfer
- Account Name: - Way2Career Consulting Services Pvt Ltd
- Account No: - 03942560002139
- IFSC Code: - HDFC0002649