This course is targeted towards individuals who would like to learn the basics of the welding profession and how to prepare to become a welding technician.
Contact Hours: 40
This course provides an introduction to the welding field, with an emphasis on the fundamental skills and essential safety in the workplace. The course will review important cutting techniques, the fundamentals of the Gas Metal Arc Welding process, and how to choose the right procedure for working with the metal at hand. The course will also cover how to read welding symbols and the codes used by certified welding inspectors. Essential information about electric currents and power sources and how this information affects cutting techniques is also reviewed.
• Identify employment skills for welding technicians
• Identify weld joint terminology and welding positions
• Explain the components and techniques of Oxygen Fuel Cutting (OFC) and Plasma Arc Cutting (PAC)
• Explain the history and components of the Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) process
• Describe the proper setup for Gas Metal Arc Welding
• Describe the properties and uses for different types of metals on the job
• Determine the correct procedures for welding several types of alloys
• Explain the parts and applications of welding symbols
• Understand the codes used by certified welding inspectors
• Describe types of welding power sources and their functions
• This course should be run as a hybrid format, as the online component represents the classroom/lecture component of an introductory welding course. The online component should be coupled with hands-on lab experience
• This course is aligned to American Welding Society standards
• Complete Ready-to-Deliver customizable online course with syllabi, lesson sequences and course descriptions
• Content is written to meet specific curriculum and course outcomes and every piece of content is mapped to specific objectives
• Plays in any Learning Management System (BlackBoard, WebCT, Angel, Moodle, D2L, etc.)
• Interactive classroom lectures are self-contained learning objects
• Includes instructor resources, optional assignments and assessments, and optional book readings, all tied to course objectives
• All content has been developed and created by industry leading subject matter experts and instructional designers
For all courses in welding, and related courses in topics such as welding safety, welding codes, destructive and non-destructive weld testing, welding symbols, welding metallurgy, and welding power sources. Drawing on 50+ years of combined instructional experience, the authors of Welding fuse simplicity and technology to deliver exactly what today’s students need. Built from the ground up-- beginning with an experienced author team’s vision and an extensively reviewed table of contents -- Welding provides essential coverage of safety, theory, key skills, easy-to-read reference charts and tables, detailed step-by-step procedures, and much more. Clear and concise, this consistently-organized, reader-friendly text flows logically and includes just the right amount of information for today’s student. It is supported by more than 70 minutes of instructional video presentations, as well as the latest in interactive online learning technology, MyWeldingLab.
PART I. Introductory Materials
1. Welding Jobs and Employment Skills
2. Welding Safety
PART II. Commonly Used Welding Processes
3. Shielded Metal Arc Welding
4. Gas Metal Arc Welding
5. Flux Cored Arc Welding
6. Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
PART III. Other Welding and Related Processes
7. Other Welding Processes
8. Cutting Processes
PART IV. Metals and Alloys
9. Metals and Welding Metallurgy
10. Welding Alloys
PART V. Welding Related Concentrations
11. Welding Symbols
12. Welding Codes and Testing
13. Welding Design
14. Welding Costs
15. Power Sources
PART VI. Supplementary Information
Appendix A. Troubleshooting
Appendix B. Conversion
Appendix C. Properties
Appendix D. Pipes and Beams
Appendix E. Load Strength
Appendix F. Periodic Table
Frequently Asked Questions
You can enroll for the training . Payment can be made using any of the following options and receipt of the same will be issued to the candidate automatically via email.
1. Visa debit / credit card.
2. American express and Diners club card.
3. Master card , or.
4. Through PayPal.
You will have access to the online e-learning and practice tests along with the training.
Yes, we do provide money back guarantee for some of out training programs . Contact firstname.lastname@example.org more information .
Yes, you can extend the access period by paying an additional fee . Contact email@example.com information .
Once you register with us for a course by paying the course fee, you can have 24/7 access to the e-learning our website . An automated course purchase confirmation mail form our side will guide you through the ....
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org You can also chat with us to get an instant solution.
Yes, we offer course completion certificate after your successful completion of the training program.
Following mode of payment is possible
- DD or Cheque in the favor of W2C
- RTGS/NEFT/IMPS/Fund Transfer
- Account Name: - Way2Career Consulting Services Pvt Ltd
- Account No: - 03942560002139
- IFSC Code: - HDFC0002649