This course is designed for students seeking entry into health care jobs and incumbent workers planning for advancement.
Contact Hours: 25
This course introduces students to legal and ethical issues related to the health care setting. This course provides students with an overview of the laws and professional requirements that regulate the delivery of health care, including HIPAA, the Patient's Bill of Rights, and standard of care. Students will also gain an understanding of the ethical and moral issues that health care professionals may encounter.
• Analyze issues of law and ethics as related to health care
• Determine the similarities and differences between laws, ethics, and moral issues
• Assess the importance of confidentiality in the health care setting from both a legal and ethical standpoint
• Analyze the impact that local, state, and federal legislation have on practices found in health care
• Compare and contrast the roles of various members of the health care team in terms of standard of care
• This course is instructor-facilitated.
• This course does not lead to certification.
• This course can be run fully online or in hybrid format.
• The course is designed as part of the Pearson Workforce Education Core Health Care Curriculum, and can be included with other occupation-specific courses in conjunction with multiple certification programs.
• This course is not a CEU.
• This course is appropriate for entry-level students or incumbent workers.
• This course is a complete, ready-to-deliver, customizable online course, including syllabi, lesson sequences and course objective descriptions.
• The course content is written to meet specific curriculum and course outcomes and every content item is mapped to a specific course objective.
• This course can be used in any Learning Management System (BlackBoard, WebCT, Angel, Moodle, D2L, etc.).
• Interactive classroom lectures are self-contained learning objects.
• The course includes instructor resources, optional assignments and assessments, and optional book readings, all aligned with course objectives.
• All content has been developed and created by industry leading subject matter experts and instructional designers.
Conversational, relevant, and engaging, this is today’s most effective introduction to health law and medical ethics. The only book of its kind, it combines a visual, engaging, and modern design with scrupulous accuracy about the law, reflecting the author’s experience as a legal professional. It addresses the most recent trends in law and ethics, treating both areas with equal depth and insight, and demonstrating their deep interconnections. Coverage includes: how the law works; responsibilities of healthcare professionals; medical records, insurance, torts, and negligence; ethical decision-making; the beginning and end of life; bioethics; the future of healthcare, issues associated with diversity, and much more. Pedagogical features include many case studies and case analyses, Legal Alert and “Concept Application” boxes, discussion questions, and a glossary.
PART 1: HEALTH LAW
Section A. The Law
1. Introduction to Law
2. How the Law Works
Section B. The Law of Healthcare
3. Working in the Healthcare Profession
4. Medical Records and Insurance
5. Privacy and Confidentiality
6. Torts and Negligence
7. Professional Responsibilities
PART 2. MEDICAL ETHICS
Section C. Introduction to Ethics
8. Introduction to Ethics9. Ethical Decision Making
Section D. The Ethics of Medicine
10. The Beginning of Life
11. Death and Dying
12. Uniqueness and Diversity
14. The Future of Healthcare
Frequently Asked Questions
You can enroll for the training . Payment can be made using any of the following options and receipt of the same will be issued to the candidate automatically via email.
1. Visa debit / credit card.
2. American express and Diners club card.
3. Master card , or.
4. Through PayPal.
You will have access to the online e-learning and practice tests along with the training.
Yes, we do provide money back guarantee for some of out training programs . Contact firstname.lastname@example.org more information .
Yes, you can extend the access period by paying an additional fee . Contact email@example.com information .
Once you register with us for a course by paying the course fee, you can have 24/7 access to the e-learning our website . An automated course purchase confirmation mail form our side will guide you through the ....
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also chat with us to get an instant solution.
Yes, we offer course completion certificate after your successful completion of the training program.
Following mode of payment is possible
- DD or Cheque in the favor of W2C
- RTGS/NEFT/IMPS/Fund Transfer
- Account Name: - Way2Career Consulting Services Pvt Ltd
- Account No: - 03942560002139
- IFSC Code: - HDFC0002649