The target audience for this course includes medical professionals who are already coding and need to upgrade to the new system.
Contact Hours: 16
This course provides students with an overview of the ICD-10 for both diagnosis and procedure coding. It covers the transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10 and reviews the changes and updates. Students will learn the new codes, the structure, and nature of the characters. They will also learn how to use the appropriate reference manuals and guides to create diagnosis codes from the ICD-10-CM and procedure codes from the ICD-10-PCS.
- Describe the purpose of ICD-10
- Compare ICD-10 to ICD-9
- Explain the functions, processes, and procedures of diagnostic coding
- Describe procedural coding
- Analyze electronic coding tools
- Practice coding for a variety of purposes and settings
- Discuss the future of coding
- Course is aligned to standards of the American Association of Professional Coders
- Can be run either fully online or in a hybrid format
- Complete Ready-to-Deliver customizable online course with syllabi, lesson sequences and course descriptions
- Content is written to meet specific curriculum and course outcomes and every piece of content is mapped to specific objectives
- Plays in any Learning Management System (BlackBoard, WebCT, Angel, Moodle, D2L, etc.)
- Interactive classroom lectures are self-contained learning objects
- Includes instructor resources, optional assignments and assessments, and optional book readings, all tied to course objectives
- All content has been developed and created by industry leading subject matter experts and instructional designers
Featuring a four-color presentation and student-centered approach, this medical coding book references ICD-10-CM/ICD-10-PCS codes and offers a new approach to teaching this skill. The book is flexible in organization—appropriate for traditional, modular, linear, and wheel courses—and progressive in its numerous exercises of varying levels. Chapters are constructed around three basic coding skills (abstracting, assigning, and sequencing codes) so students get a strong foundation in these essential competencies. Guided examples teach the coding process, while mini-medical records help students learn how to identify and abstract pertinent information from medical documentation.
1 SECTION I: FOUNDATIONS OF CODING
- Your Career and Coding
- Coding and Reimbursement
- The Transition to ICD-10-CM/PC
2 SECTION II: ICD-10-CM DIAGNOSIS CODING
- Introduction to ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Coding
- Symptoms, Signs, and Abnormal Clinical and Laboratory Findings, Not Elsewhere Classified
- Factors Influencing Health Status and Contact with Health Services
- External Causes of Morbidity
- Diseases of the Digestive System
- Endocrine, Nutritional, and Metabolic Diseases
- Diseases of the Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue
- Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue
- Injury, Poisoning Other Consequences of External Causes
- Diseases of the Circulatory System
- Disease of the Blood and Blood-Forming Organs and Certain Disorders Involving the Immune Mechanism
- Diseases of the Respiratory System
- Diseases of the Nervous System and Sense Organs
- Mental and Behavioral Disorders
- Diseases of the Eye and Adnexa
- Diseases of the Ear and Mastoid Process
- Certain Infectious and Parasitic Diseases
- Diseases of the Genitourinary system
- Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Puerperium
- Certain Conditions Originating in the Perinatal Period
- Congential Malformations, Deformations, and Chromosomal Abnormalities
SECTION III: ICD-10-PCS PROCDEDURE CODING
- Introduction to ICD-10-PCS Procedure Coding
- Medical and Surgical Procedures
- Medical and Surgical Related Procedures
- Ancillary Procedures
SECTION IV: PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Putting it All Together
Frequently Asked Questions
You can enroll for the training . Payment can be made using any of the following options and receipt of the same will be issued to the candidate automatically via email.
1. Visa debit / credit card.
2. American express and Diners club card.
3. Master card , or.
4. Through PayPal.
You will have access to the online e-learning and practice tests along with the training.
Yes, we do provide money back guarantee for some of out training programs . Contact email@example.com more information .
Yes, you can extend the access period by paying an additional fee . Contact firstname.lastname@example.org information .
Once you register with us for a course by paying the course fee, you can have 24/7 access to the e-learning our website . An automated course purchase confirmation mail form our side will guide you through the ....
Please send an email to email@example.com . You can also chat with us to get an instant solution.
Yes, we offer course completion certificate after your successful completion of the training program.
Following mode of payment is possible
- DD or Cheque in the favor of W2C
- RTGS/NEFT/IMPS/Fund Transfer
- Account Name: - Way2Career Consulting Services Pvt Ltd
- Account No: - 03942560002139
- IFSC Code: - HDFC0002649