The target audience for this course includes anyone who works in a health care setting where individual medical records are generated, kept, or stored.
Contact Hours: 8
This course provides a foundation for all learners to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). The course defines HIPAA and introduces its most current information, including privacy rules and security rules, and provides students with opportunities to locate information on the HIPAA. Students are encouraged to consider HIPAA from the perspective of the patient as well as the Covered Entity. In addition, students are introduced to the HITECH Act and its impact on electronic medical records. At the end of the course, students will be able to implement safeguards with HIPAA.
• Define HIPAA
• Explain the Privacy Rule
• Describe the HIPAA Security Rule
• Identify guidelines for protecting patient information
• Identify how HIPAA policy can be breached
• Define a covered entity
• Identify the entities affected by HIPAA
• Define HITECH
• Identify the safety measures that must be taken to protect electronic medical records
• Explain steps that office managers must take to ensure their agency is compliant with HIPAA
• This course is fully online
• This is a compliance course
• This course is designed as part of the Pearson Workforce Education Core Health Care Curriculum, and can be included with other occupation-specific courses
• Complete Ready-to-Deliver customizable online course with syllabi, lesson sequences and course descriptions
• Content is written to meet specific curriculum and course outcomes and every piece of content is mapped to specific objectives
• Plays in any Learning Management System (BlackBoard, WebCT, Angel, Moodle, D2L, etc.)
• Interactive classroom lectures are self-contained learning objects
• All content has been developed and created by industry leading subject matter experts and instructional designers
Frequently Asked Questions
You can enroll for the training . Payment can be made using any of the following options and receipt of the same will be issued to the candidate automatically via email.
1. Visa debit / credit card.
2. American express and Diners club card.
3. Master card , or.
4. Through PayPal.
You will have access to the online e-learning and practice tests along with the training.
Yes, we do provide money back guarantee for some of out training programs . Contact firstname.lastname@example.org more information .
Yes, you can extend the access period by paying an additional fee . Contact email@example.com information .
Once you register with us for a course by paying the course fee, you can have 24/7 access to the e-learning our website . An automated course purchase confirmation mail form our side will guide you through the ....
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org You can also chat with us to get an instant solution.
Yes, we offer course completion certificate after your successful completion of the training program.
Following mode of payment is possible
- DD or Cheque in the favor of W2C
- RTGS/NEFT/IMPS/Fund Transfer
- Account Name: - Way2Career Consulting Services Pvt Ltd
- Account No: - 03942560002139
- IFSC Code: - HDFC0002649