This course is designed for students who are new to health care but want to work in a hospital setting.
Certification: One of Five Courses for the Certified Healthcare Admissions Associate Certification
Certifying Body: National Association of Healthcare Access Management
Contact Hours: 25
This course is one of five courses comprising the Patient Access Specialist certification program. Students will be introduced to the world of health insurance. The course will review employment opportunities that involve patient access and billing. Students will gain an understanding of basic health insurance information, including an overview of health care reform. In addition, the course will introduce students to the concepts involved in working with managed care contracts as well as the basics of diagnostic and procedural coding.
• Describe the employment skills and requirements in the patient access career field
• Explain the history and types of health insurance available in the United States
• Identify types of managed care contracts and their purposes
• Describe the purpose and guidelines of diagnostic coding and how it affects the billing process
• Describe the purpose and guidelines of procedural coding and its importance in the billing cycle
• The Health Insurance I course includes 25 non-credit contact hours.
• This course is instructor-facilitated.
• This course does not lead to certification as a stand-alone course.
• This course can be run fully online or in hybrid format.
• The Health Insurance I course is designed as part of the Pearson Workforce Education Core Health Care Curriculum, and can be included with other occupation-specific courses in conjunction with multiple certification programs.
• This course is one part of a five-part course series for the Patient Access Specialist certification program, which fully prepares students to sit for the Certified Healthcare Admissions Association certification exam from NAHAM.
• This course is not a CEU.
• This course is appropriate for entry-level students or incumbent workers.
• This course is a complete, ready-to-deliver, customizable online course, including syllabi, lesson sequences and course objective descriptions.
• The Health Insurance I course content is written to meet specific curriculum and course outcomes and every content item is mapped to a specific course objective.
• This course can be used in any Learning Management System (Blackboard, WebCT, Angel, Moodle, D2L, etc.).
• Interactive classroom lectures are self-contained learning objects.
• The Health Insurance I course includes instructor resources, optional assignments and assessments, and optional book readings, all aligned with course objectives.
• All content has been developed and created by industry leading subject matter experts and instructional designers
COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH INSURANCE: BILLING, CODING & REIMBURSEMENT, 2/e provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to work in a variety of medical billing and coding positions in the medical field. Comprehensive in approach, it covers the foundations of insurance, billing, coding and reimbursement. Students learn not only the submission of claims to the insurance carrier, but also reviewing medical records, verifying patient benefits, submitting a secondary claim, posting payments and appealing the insurance carrier's decision. This edition includes new chapters devoted to HIPAA and ICD-10-CM Medical Coding, as well as outstanding coverage of electronic records. Numerous case studies and patient files are included throughout and demonstrate refunds and appeals, auditing and compliance, Medicare calculations and professionalism.
SECTION I: A CAREER IN HEALTH CARE
1. Introduction to Professional Billing and Coding Careers
SECTION II: THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE PATIENT, PROVIDER, AND CARRIER
2. Understanding Managed Care: Insurance Plans
3. Understanding Managed Care: Medical Contracts and Ethics
4. HIPAA: Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996
SECTION III: MEDICAL CODING
5. ICD-9-CM Medical Coding
6. ICD-10-CM Medical Coding
7. Introduction to CPT and Place of Service Coding
8. Coding Procedures and Services
9. HCPCS and Coding Compliance
SECTION IV: MEDICAL CLAIMS
11. Physician Medical Billing
12. Hospital Medical Billing
SECTION V: GOVERNMENT MEDICAL BILLING
13. Medicare Medical Billing
14. Medicaid Medical Billing
15. TRICARE Medical Billing
SECTION VI: ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE
16. Explanation of Benefits and Payment Adjudication
17. Refunds and Appeals
SECTION VII: INJURED EMPLOYEE MEDICAL CLAIM
18. Workers' Compensation
SECTION VIII: USE OF MEDICAL PRACTICE MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
19. Electronic Medical Claims Processing
Frequently Asked Questions
You can enroll for the training . Payment can be made using any of the following options and receipt of the same will be issued to the candidate automatically via email.
1. Visa debit / credit card.
2. American express and Diners club card.
3. Master card , or.
4. Through PayPal.
You will have access to the online e-learning and practice tests along with the training.
Yes, we do provide money back guarantee for some of out training programs . Contact email@example.com more information .
Yes, you can extend the access period by paying an additional fee . Contact firstname.lastname@example.org information .
Once you register with us for a course by paying the course fee, you can have 24/7 access to the e-learning our website . An automated course purchase confirmation mail form our side will guide you through the ....
Please send an email to email@example.com You can also chat with us to get an instant solution.
Yes, we offer course completion certificate after your successful completion of the training program.
Following mode of payment is possible
- DD or Cheque in the favor of W2C
- RTGS/NEFT/IMPS/Fund Transfer
- Account Name: - Way2Career Consulting Services Pvt Ltd
- Account No: - 03942560002139
- IFSC Code: - HDFC0002649