This course is designed for individuals with a background in IT network administration with a focus on security who would like to sit for the CompTIA Security+ Certification exam.
Certification: CompTIA Security+ Certification
Certifying Body: CompTIA
Time-on-Task Hours: 60
This course provides students with the basic knowledge and skills necessary to become an IT security professional. This course is designed to fully prepare students to sit for and pass the CompTIA Security+ Certification exam. Students will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to identify risk and participate in risk mitigation activities as well as provide infrastructure, application, operational and information security. They will also acquire the knowledge necessary to apply security controls to maintain confidentiality, integrity and availability, as well as how to identify appropriate technologies and products. Finally, students will gain an awareness of applicable policies, laws and regulations with regard to IT security.
• Describe common risks, vulnerabilities and controls.
• Explain the triple constraint of information security.
• Analyze and differentiate between types of malware and attacks.
• Identify risks for common system hardware and peripherals.
• Describe principles of software, data and host security.
• Implement OS hardening procedures.
• Identify common types of programming attacks.
• Implement secure browsing practices.
• Describe security vulnerabilities unique to virtualized environments.
• Explain the purpose and vulnerabilities of common network devices.
• Identify and secure common ports and protocols.
• Describe security concerns unique to cloud computing environments.
• Identify IDS and IPS solutions for host and network defense.
• Describe the differences between identification, authentication and authorization in Access Control.
• Identify various methods for access authentication.
• Implement logical access control methods.
• Distinguish between discretionary, mandatory, rule-based and role-based access control implementations.
• Identify various types of risk management strategies (transfer, accept, mitigate, eliminate).
• Distinguish between management, technical and operational controls.
• Calculate risk using subjective and objective measures.
• Implement compliance audits for common security controls.
• Explain the difference between penetration testing and vulnerability scanning.
• Distinguish between symmetric and asymmetric forms of encryption.
• Explain the use of public-key/private-key pairs to encrypt and decrypt a secure message.
• Identify common security protocols (SSH, SSL, IPSec).
• Explain basic hashing concepts.
• Distinguish between types of tickets, keys and certificate authorities in a PKI.
• Distinguish between business continuity and disaster recovery objectives and timeframes.
• Implement common backup rotation cycles.
• Identify various types of redundant hardware and backup sites.
• Recognize various types of environmental control solutions.
• Identify RAID configurations for common availability and redundancy requirements.
• Analyze and distinguish between forms of social engineering.
• Describe the principles of operational security.
• Identify common personnel security policies.
• Describe data reminisce and secure disposal practices.
• Explain common CIRT roles and responsibilities.
• Self-Paced online courses
• Course can be conducted completely online
• Complete ready-to-deliver online course with syllabi, sequenced lessons, course descriptions, course objectives, detailed checklists, and assessments
• Assessments, lesson presentations, and reading assignments are designed to meet specific course outcomes
• Interactive classroom lectures are self-contained learning objects
• All content has been developed by industry leading subject matter experts
• Any required text is included as an eBook with the course and resides within the course for easy student access
• Lesson presentations are also provided as Audio-to-Go, for on-the-go learning
Learn, prepare, and practice for CompTIA Security+ SY0-301 exam success with this CompTIA Authorized Cert Guide from Pearson IT Certification, a leader in IT Certification learning and a CompTIA Authorized Platinum Partner.CompTIA Security+ SY0-301 Authorized Cert Guide is a best-of-breed exam study guide. Best-selling author David Prowse shares preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding and retention of exam topics.
The book presents you with an organized test preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. Exam topic lists make referencing easy. Chapter-ending Exam Preparation Tasks help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly. Review questions help you assess your knowledge, and a final preparation chapter guides you through tools and resources to help you craft your approach to passing the exam.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can enroll for the training . Payment can be made using any of the following options and receipt of the same will be issued to the candidate automatically via email.
1. Visa debit / credit card.
2. American express and Diners club card.
3. Master card , or.
4. Through PayPal.
You will have access to the online e-learning and practice tests along with the training.
Yes, we do provide money back guarantee for some of out training programs . Contact email@example.com more information .
Yes, you can extend the access period by paying an additional fee . Contact firstname.lastname@example.org information .
Once you register with us for a course by paying the course fee, you can have 24/7 access to the e-learning our website . An automated course purchase confirmation mail form our side will guide you through the ....
Please send an email to email@example.com You can also chat with us to get an instant solution.
Yes, we offer course completion certificate after your successful completion of the training program.
Following mode of payment is possible
- DD or Cheque in the favor of W2C
- RTGS/NEFT/IMPS/Fund Transfer
- Account Name: - Way2Career Consulting Services Pvt Ltd
- Account No: - 03942560002139
- IFSC Code: - HDFC0002649