This course is designed for entry-level workers looking to quickly start a career in the nursing field. This is a certification exam prep course.
Certification: State based Certified Nursing Assistant Certification
Certifying Body: State Licensing Agency
Contact Hours: 80
This course prepares students to become Certified Nursing Assistants and potentially begin the career path toward a Registered Nurse position. This course is designed to provide students with the complete healthcare knowledge base necessary to sit for the Certified Nursing Assistant certification exam. Students do not receive certification simply by taking this course: they must sit for their state's certification exam. Each student must also complete the clinical hour requirements for his/her particular state, as well as obtain a criminal background check, CPR certification, TB testing, and other screenings as required by his/her state. Students will gain an understanding of basic medical knowledge and will learn procedures and techniques for providing sensitive and appropriate medical/personal care to a wide range of patients.
• Demonstrate basic knowledge of the laws and regulations that affect the roles and responsibilities of the Certified Nursing Assistant within healthcare systems
• Demonstrate basic knowledge of effective communication skills necessary to function as a member of the healthcare team, as well as demonstrate basic technical and communication skills that facilitate an optimal level of functioning of the client, recognizing individual, cultural, and religious diversity
• Demonstrate basic knowledge of procedures and techniques to promote infection control and the prevention of the spread of microorganisms
• Demonstrate the ability to identify and use safety and emergency procedures
• Demonstrate basic knowledge of body systems, basic anatomy, common disease processes, and the aging process
• Demonstrate basic knowledge of vital signs and other body measurements
• Demonstrate basic knowledge of principles and skills of restorative nursing in providing client care, while also using proper body mechanics.
• Identify elements of a client’s physical environment and the client’s interaction with his/her environment
• Identify proper procedures and techniques used for providing personal care to clients, including but not limited to ADLs, bathing, skin care, nutrition and feeding, elimination, range of motion, positioning, and mobility
• Identify psychosocial characteristics of all clients, including those with physical and cognitive impairments
• Demonstrate basic knowledge of delivering sensitive care to the dying client and client’s family
• Identify behaviors that maintain and respect client and client’s family rights and promote client independence, regardless of race, religion, life-style, sexual preference, disease process, or ability to pay
• The Certified Nursing Assistant course includes 80 non-credit contact hours.
• This course is instructor-facilitated.
• This course prepares students to sit for the Certified Nursing Assistant certification exam.
• This course can be run fully online or in hybrid format.
• The Certified Nursing Assistant course is designed as part of the Pearson Workforce Education Core Health Care Curriculum, and can be included with other occupation-specific courses in conjunction with multiple certification programs.
• This course is not a CEU.
• This course is appropriate for entry-level students or incumbent workers.
• This course is a complete, ready-to-deliver, customizable online course, including syllabi, lesson sequences and course objective descriptions.
• The Certified Nursing Assistant course content is written to meet specific curriculum and course outcomes and every content item is mapped to a specific course objective.
• This course can be used in any Learning Management System (Blackboard, WebCT, Angel, Moodle, D2L, etc.).
• Interactive classroom lectures are self-contained learning objects.
• The Certified Nursing Assistant course includes instructor resources, optional assignments and assessments, and optional book readings, all aligned with course objectives.
• All content has been developed and created by industry leading subject matter experts and instructional designers.
The Nursing Assistant, Fifth Edition is a concise, practical, affordable, and up-to-date guide to the skills today’s nursing assistants need to master. It is designed both to serve as the basis of any nursing assistant training program, and to prepare students for careers in acute, subacute, or long-term care. It addresses the needs of the whole patient or resident, while promoting independence and self-care. Carefully organized to follow nursing process models, state curricula, and OBRA mandates, it walks through 75 step-by-step procedures reflecting the most common nursing assistant tasks. This edition is fully updated for the newest CDC and OSHA guidance for hand cleaning and infection control, and to reflect other relevant federal laws, including HIPAA.
PART ONE: THE ROLE OF THE NURSING ASSISTANT
1. Introduction to Health Care
2. The Nursing Assistant
3. Communication and Interpersonal Skills
4. Relating to Your Patients
PART TWO: SAFETY FOR THE PATIENT AND THE NURSING ASSISTANT
5. Infection Control
6. Environmental Safety, Accident Prevention, and Disaster Plans
7. Emergency Situations
PART THREE: BASIC NURSING SKILLS
8. Body Systems and Common Diseases
9. Vital Signs
10. Positioning, Moving, and Ambulation
11. Admission, Transfer, and Discharge
12. The Patient’s Environment
13. Hygiene and Grooming
14. Special Skin Care
16. Elimination Needs
17. Specimen Collection and Testing
18. AM and PM Care
19. Restorative Care and Rehabilitation
PART FIVE: SPECIALIZED CARE PROCEDURES
20. Additional Patient Care Procedures
21. Preoperative and Postoperative Care
22. Subacute Care
23. Special Skills in Long-Term Care
24. Death and Dying Glossary Procedures
Frequently Asked Questions
You can enroll for the training . Payment can be made using any of the following options and receipt of the same will be issued to the candidate automatically via email.
1. Visa debit / credit card.
2. American express and Diners club card.
3. Master card , or.
4. Through PayPal.
You will have access to the online e-learning and practice tests along with the training.
Yes, we do provide money back guarantee for some of out training programs . Contact firstname.lastname@example.org more information .
Yes, you can extend the access period by paying an additional fee . Contact email@example.com information .
Once you register with us for a course by paying the course fee, you can have 24/7 access to the e-learning our website . An automated course purchase confirmation mail form our side will guide you through the ....
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also chat with us to get an instant solution.
Yes, we offer course completion certificate after your successful completion of the training program.
Following mode of payment is possible
- DD or Cheque in the favor of W2C
- RTGS/NEFT/IMPS/Fund Transfer
- Account Name: - Way2Career Consulting Services Pvt Ltd
- Account No: - 03942560002139
- IFSC Code: - HDFC0002649