The target audience for this course includes individuals in the skilled trades or manufacturing who need a base knowledge of electricity and electrical currents and circuits.
Time-on-Task Hours: 41
Basic Electricity is an introductory level course for individuals working in industrial skilled trades and maintenance technician jobs. The course covers the basic nature and functionality of electricity. Students will explore the basic properties of electrical circuit, voltage, current, resistance and power. In addition, students will learn to utilize Ohm’s Law to determine electrical properties in series and parallel circuits and apply Watt’s Law to simple circuits.
• Identity basic electricity components and their schematic symbols
• Know basic DC circuit properties—voltage, current, resistance and power
• Analyze voltage sources
• Determine resistor values using the resistor color code
• Apply Ohm’s Law to simple series and parallel circuits
• Apply Watt’s Law to simple circuits
• Calculate parallel resistors
• Learn basics to using a digital multimeter
• Self-Paced online courses
• Course can be conducted completely online
• Complete ready-to-deliver online course with syllabi, sequenced lessons, course descriptions, course objectives, detailed checklists, and assessments
• Assessments, lesson presentations, and reading assignments are designed to meet specific course outcomes
• Interactive classroom lectures are self-contained learning objects
• All content has been developed by industry leading subject matter experts
• Any required text is included as an eBook with the course and resides within the course for easy student access
• Lesson presentations are also provided as Audio-to-Go, for on-the-go learning
The text assumes that the reader has no prior electrical training, and is written at a level that makes it readily accessible to all postsecondary students. From the start, Paynter and Boydell's goal has been to produce a fundamentals book that students can really use in their studies.
The chapters follow a logical progression that begins with fundamental topics such as safety, electrical and electronic career paths, and test equipment, followed by electrical properties, units of measure, fundamental electrical laws, DC components and circuits, residential electrical wiring, magnetism, AC components and circuits, three-phase AC, transformers, generators and motors, alternators, power transmission and distribution, green power, and copper and fiber optic cabling. These topics prepare the reader for the courses that follow while providing a solid foundation for both traditional and emerging electrical career paths.
Chapter 1 Getting Started
Chapter 2 Basis Electrical Concepts
Chapter 3 Basic Electric Components and Meters
Chapter 4 Ohm’s Law and Power
Chapter 5 Series Circuits
Chapter 6 Parallel Circuits
Chapter 7 Series-Parallel Circuits
Chapter 8 Residential Electrical Circuits
Chapter 9 Source and Load Analysis
Chapter 10 Magnetism
Chapter 11 Inductors in DC Circuits
Chapter 12 Capacitors in DC Circuits
Chapter 13 Alternating Current (AC)
Chapter 14 Series Resistive-Inductive (RL) Circuits
Chapter 15 Parallel Resistive-Inductive (RL) Circuits
Chapter 16 Series Resistive-Capacitive (RC) Circuits
Chapter 17 Parallel Resistive-Capacitive (RC) Circuits
Chapter 18 RLC Circuits
Chapter 19 Frequency Response & Filters
Chapter 20 Three-Phase Power
Chapter 21 Introduction to Transformers
Chapter 22 Three-Phase Transformers
Chapter 23 DC Machines: Generators & Motors
Chapter 24 AC Machines: Alternators & Motors
Chapter 25 AC Power Transmission and Distribution
Chapter 26 Green Power
Chapter 27 Introduction to Copper Cabling
Chapter 28 Introduction to Fiber Optic Cabling
Frequently Asked Questions
You can enroll for the training . Payment can be made using any of the following options and receipt of the same will be issued to the candidate automatically via email.
1. Visa debit / credit card.
2. American express and Diners club card.
3. Master card , or.
4. Through PayPal.
You will have access to the online e-learning and practice tests along with the training.
Yes, we do provide money back guarantee for some of out training programs . Contact firstname.lastname@example.org more information .
Yes, you can extend the access period by paying an additional fee . Contact email@example.com com information .
Once you register with us for a course by paying the course fee, you can have 24/7 access to the e-learning our website . An automated course purchase confirmation mail form our side will guide you through the ....
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org You can also chat with us to get an instant solution.
Yes, we offer course completion certificate after your successful completion of the training program.
Following mode of payment is possible
- DD or Cheque in the favor of W2C
- RTGS/NEFT/IMPS/Fund Transfer
- Account Name: - Way2Career Consulting Services Pvt Ltd
- Account No: - 03942560002139
- IFSC Code: - HDFC0002649