This course is designed for individuals who are new to the healthcare field and want to work within the healthcare setting. This course would appeal specifically to those individuals who are looking to become full Medical Office Assistants and want to use this course as a step toward that career.
Contact Hours: 50
This course will familiarize students with the role and responsibilities required of a medical office assistant.
• Explain the job requirements of a Medical Front Office Assistant
• Describe effective communication skills for the workplace
• Explain how to properly handle confidential information
• Explain different types of health insurance and benefits
• Describe the different types of financial transactions that take place within a medical office
• Describe different types of documentation used in a medical office
• Explain how to document and maintain medical records
• Describe the benefits of computers and electronic medical records in the workplace
• Apply the guidelines for medical billing and coding
• Describe the operational functions in a medical office
• Explain how to capitalize on career opportunities available to the medical office assistant
• This course can be run either fully online or as a hybrid
• Complete Ready-to-Deliver customizable online course with syllabi, lesson sequences and course descriptions
• Content is written to meet specific curriculum and course outcomes and every piece of content is mapped to specific objectives
• Plays in any Learning Management System (BlackBoard, WebCT, Angel, Moodle, D2L, etc.)
• Interactive classroom lectures are self-contained learning objects
• Includes instructor resources, optional assignments and assessments, and optional book readings, all tied to course objectives
• All content has been developed and created by industry leading subject matter experts and instructional designers
Administrative Medical Assisting includes extensive coverage of the administrative medical assisting profession including the history of the profession, the responsibilities of the administrative medical assistant, responding to emergencies in the medical office, medical practice finances and management of the medical office team, and career strategies for the medical assistant.
Chapter 1: The History of Medicine and Health Care
Chapter 2: Medical Assisting Today
Chapter 3: The Medical Assisting Career: Roles and Responsibilities
Chapter 4: Medical Law and Ethics
Chapter 5: Interpersonal Communication Skills
Chapter 6: Written Communication
Chapter 7: Telephone Procedures
Chapter 9: Patient Scheduling
Chapter 10: Medical Records Management
Chapter 11: Electronic Medical Records
Chapter 12: Computers in the Medical Office
Chapter 13: Equipment, Maintenance, and Supply Inventory
Chapter 14: Office Policies and Procedures
Chapter 15: Handling Medical Office Emergencies
Chapter 16: Insurance Billing and Authorizations
Chapter 17: ICD-9-CM Coding
Chapter 18: Procedural Coding
Chapter 19: Billing, Collections, and Credit
Chapter 20: Payroll, Accounts Payable, and Banking Procedures
Chapter 22: Competing in the Job Market
Appendix A: CAAHEP Standards for Curriculum: Correlation of Text to CAAHEP Standards
Appendix B: Correlation of Text to AAMA Role Delineation Chart
Appendix C: Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) [AMT] Medical Assisting Task List
Appendix D: Tips on How to Become a Successful Student
Appendix E: Preparing for the CMA and RMA Certification Exams
Appendix F: Translation of English-Spanish Phrases
Appendix G: Common Medical Abbreviations
Appendix H: Answers to Chapter Case Studies/Critical Thinking Questions
Appendix I: Answers to In-Practice Scenarios
Frequently Asked Questions
You can enroll for the training . Payment can be made using any of the following options and receipt of the same will be issued to the candidate automatically via email.
1. Visa debit / credit card.
2. American express and Diners club card.
3. Master card , or.
4. Through PayPal.
You will have access to the online e-learning and practice tests along with the training.
Yes, we do provide money back guarantee for some of out training programs . Contact firstname.lastname@example.org more information .
Yes, you can extend the access period by paying an additional fee . Contact email@example.com information .
Once you register with us for a course by paying the course fee, you can have 24/7 access to the e-learning our website . An automated course purchase confirmation mail form our side will guide you through the ....
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org You can also chat with us to get an instant solution.
Yes, we offer course completion certificate after your successful completion of the training program.
Following mode of payment is possible
- DD or Cheque in the favor of W2C
- RTGS/NEFT/IMPS/Fund Transfer
- Account Name: - Way2Career Consulting Services Pvt Ltd
- Account No: - 03942560002139
- IFSC Code: - HDFC0002649